In our continuing efforts to offer the highest quality veterinary medicine, Land O’ Lakes Animal Hospital is pleased to provide a wide range of surgical services for our patients in Land O’ Lakes, FL, and surrounding areas. From routine surgical procedures, such as spaying and neutering, to more complex surgeries, we look forward to the opportunity to care for your pet’s surgical needs.
Our staff of compassionate, caring professionals will monitor your pet before, during, and after surgery and will take exceptional care of your pet throughout their stay. We will also address any questions or concerns you may have about surgery, including concerns about anesthesia, pain management, or postoperative care.
We offer a wide array of surgical services at Land O’ Lakes Animal Hospital that include but not exclusively limited to (some may be case dependent):
- Ovariohysterectomy (spay) – dogs, cats, rabbits, rats
- Neuter (castration) – dogs, cats, rabbits, rats
- Scrotal ablation
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Gastropexy prophylactic
- Eye surgery – enucleation, eye lid mass removal, keratotomy, cherry eye repair (both pocket and tack technique done simultaneously), entropian repair, proptosis repair
- Mass/tumor removals
- Lateral ear canal resection
- Anal gland removal
- PU (perineal urethrostomy)
- Gastrotomy, enterotomy, resection/anastomosis
- Full front limb amputation
- Rear limb full or mid femoral amputation
- Toe amputation
- Tail amputation
- Hematoma repair
- Wound repair
- Oral surgery – extractions, epulis or oral mass removal, oronasal fistula, nasopharyngeal polyp removal
- Stenotic nares
- FHO (limitations apply)
- Cystotomy (bladder stone removal)
- C-section +/- spay
When your pet is ready to go home, we will review your postoperative care and medication instructions. If any questions arise after your pet returns home or at any other time during the postoperative period, call us. We welcome your questions and will do all we can to help your pet recover fully. Help is only a phone call away.
Surgery can be a source of anxiety and stress for many pet owners. Maybe you worry about whether your pet will be well cared for, or perhaps you have concerns about adequate precautions and monitoring. Let us address your concerns. Whether your pet needs minor surgery or a complex procedure, call us at (813) 996-2021. Let’s discuss how our surgical services can benefit your pet.
If we can not provide the surgery your pet needs. We can offer and help find referral to an appropriate specialists that can provide the necessary service.